The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

add-ons directory help

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by w2f, Feb 18, 2009.

1. w2f

w2f Registered

Feb 18, 2009
    i am new to cpanel and using soho pro. i would like to use some of the fantastico add-ons like... wordpress for instance, since i don't really care for the blogging from soho. after hours and hours of reading posts from different sites, i do hope someone can give me some concrete instructions on how to accomplish this.
    when i try to add word press from fantastico, it won't allow it because it says that i can only have one script in my root folder.
    so my questions are: where do i assign the file?? and once i figure this part out, how do I use wordpress within my soho webpages? thanks for any help-
    i really appreciate brain hurts!:confused:
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

May 20, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In the root of your account there is a directory called .fantasticodata that contains data on the installations on the account.

In the directory (whatever directory) you install a Fantastico script into, it also adds this file: fantversion.php

Fantastico checks those two in that order.

If you remove a script using Fantastico the same way you installed it, it'll clear the files related to it. If you simply delete the script files and database, it won't. So, you have to do that manually. (kill this file, fantversion.php and the file related to the script install inside the .fantasticodata directory.)

No help for SoHo here, try over at their support area.