The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add or Remove an IP Address

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by misterb, Aug 31, 2003.

1. misterb

misterb Active Member

I was wondering how I could either add an ip address to an existing name based account say if they wanted their own SSL certificate

or

Remove an IP address from an existing account and change it to just a name based web site.

I thought I had looked everywhere possible and cant seem to find a way to do this.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. casey

casey Well-Known Member

I think if a site no longer needed an IP you'd have to remove the IP manually from httpd.conf, but giving a site an IP is easily done through WHM ("Change Site's IP Address").

3. misterb

misterb Active Member

Dumb Question Sorry

Thank you for the help.
    I just looked at the change sites ip address area and found that if you select a name based site then a list of available ip addresses are listed to select.
    If you select a site that already has an ip address then the drop down will list available ip addresses to change to or at the very bottom you can select the shared ip address. I guess this will automatically adjust all the settings and put the ip address back on the pool.

Thanks