Geoffroy Le gohebel

Registered
Nov 15, 2018
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,
How can I update the DB of roundcube ? Indeed I can add plugin, modify template but some plugin need to modify the DB... I don't see some info about that ? It's possible ? Especially since it is an open source software. So if anyone has a solution, I'm interested. I specify that this is the plugin automatic_adressook.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston

Geoffroy Le gohebel

Registered
Nov 15, 2018
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes indeed I had understood this I mis explained.
Is it possible to apply a patch (added automatic_adressebook tables precisely) to all users (user.db in / home / xxx / etc /) or I have to take all the files by hand

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Geoffroy Le gohebel,

You could develop a custom bash script with a command that patches the SQLite file, and then have the script loop that command for every cPanel user. You may want to reach out to a developer or system administrator if you need help with this. We provide a list of sysadmin service providers at:

System Administration Services | cPanel Forums

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Yes of course but where is located the defaut SQLite file who is responsible for the reconstruction of the databases If who is responsible for the reconstruction of the databases
Hi @Geoffroy Le gohebel,

You can read about how the Roundcube SQLite databases are generated at:

How to Rebuild the Roundcube Database - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

The easier approach is likely to build and manage your own custom Roundcube installation with the plugins and configuration options of your preference as a custom custom webmail application:

Tutorial - Integrate Custom Webmail Applications - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

This would require you to maintain updates to Roundcube yourself, but would give you more flexibility in the plugins and default configuration.

Other avenue to explore is to create a feature request for the inclusion of the specific plugin or feature you want to see included with the instance of Roundcube offered in cPanel & WHM.

Thank you.