The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add Script to Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by varsis, Jan 25, 2004.

1. varsis

varsis Member

Does anyone know how to add script to cpanel so other can do a easy install, instead of uploading all the files? can any one help, i have a reseller account, not a hosting company but I am selling space and would like to add scripts...

2. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

3. Philovirus

Philovirus Registered

The usage of 3rd party software shouldn't be the only answer to his question. I have a custom written forum package I'd like to offer one click install of to my end users and would also know an easy way to install the package.
    If cpanel is going to have an addon script button they ought to release a free tool for making the packages. Or at least provide a decent howto for it's users.
    So far in the few days I've been registered I see the majority of posts as being "I figured out how to do what you asked so buy my new product I sell" as opposed to actual explanatroy answers to a post.

4. AnthonyR

AnthonyR Active Member

I would also be very interested to find out how to add our own scripts to cpanels auto installer :)

5. techrom

techrom Registered

So would I

I also bought scripts that I can use server wide for all of my customers but have no idea on how or if I can use the auto installer for my customers so they can install these scripts with ease. If anyone knows how to do so please respond.

6. dprophit

dprophit Member

Custom addon scripts

I suggest a form to build a addon script. Such as addon name, image, CVS anonymous login to package source, project's website. I have found that the addon scripts currently available leave no real way in cpanel to update them. For instace, In a user's cpanel once a addon is installed it'll have name of addon an then (unknown) so the user really can't manualy update the addon

7. Philovirus

Philovirus Registered

From what I can gather Plesk 7 has implemented something along the lines of autoaddon scripts. They've also integrated a helpdesk into the main system. Perhaps it's time cpanel added a helpdesk/knowledge base.

What I'd like to see in the future:

built in modernbill style billing system (who pays $1500 for a license for unlimited domains that doesn't want a billing system that has automatic account configuration abilities!?)

built in help desk (it's a hosting app. Clients shouldn't need to login to more than one thing in order to notify host for problems).

built in addon generation script.

With the above 3 features cpanel would be the end-all/be-all of hosting domain management tools. Right now it's up there but it is by no means "the only choice".

8. Mindlash

Mindlash Well-Known Member

agreed. Having the ability to add custom or 'most-requested' scripts to an automated solution would be key...

CPANEL...HELP?