Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Add Subdomain and DNS A records programaticly

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by toddaa, Jun 22, 2008.

1. toddaa

toddaa Registered

First off, let me apologize if this has been asked and answered before. I'be spend a few hours searching around and going no where.

What I need to be able to do is add a subdomain to the Apache config file and add new DNS A records to named.conf, and I need it to happen via a custom script so I dont have to login to WHM and CPANEL every time.

I was planning on just doing this all on my own, but after taking a peak inside the servers httpd.conf and seeing that it is laced with warnings about not editing it because CPANEL might blow it over on an update or something I though I'd do some research.

I am wondering if I can call the same files as WHM and CPANEL to create the entries I need.

If anyone can give me some info on this if it can even be done, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Aaron