Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add Support Link to cPanel

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Bashy, Oct 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bashy

Bashy Well-Known Member

Hi, is it possible to add kayako live help floating tab in my clients cpanel please?

2. cPLevey

cPLevey Technical Analyst Supervisor
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey @Bashy,

I'm not familiar with Kayako, or it's requirements for the live floating tab option. However, it should be possible to integrate it if you create a custom cPanel Style.

Check out our Tutorial for how to do this: Tutorial - Create a Custom cPanel Style

3. Bashy

Bashy Well-Known Member

HI, thanks for the reply, its basically a small java script code that would normally go in the header of the site
    Not overly sure its a new customization i would nee or want to attempt really, i can live with out it, just thought
    that if there was an easy way to add it then i would :)

4. Bashy

Bashy Well-Known Member

Does cPanel have a header file that can b edited??

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Bashy,

UI includes add custom content to the header or footer of the cPanel interface. You can create UI includes for specific cPanel interfaces, or global UI includes that display on all of cPanel's interfaces. This is documented at:

Guide to cPanel Interface Customization - UI Includes - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Notes:
    For help to create a new cPanel interface in Template Toolkit, read our Create a New Paper Lantern Interface tutorial.
    For help to create a new cPanel interface in PHP, read our Create a New Paper Lantern Interface in PHP tutorial.

You may also want to reach out to Kayako to determine if any existing plugins exist that would help integrate the application with cPanel.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!