The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add webpages in cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eddie_d, Mar 14, 2011.

1. eddie_d

eddie_d Member

Hi,

I have my site hosted on a linux cPanel host server the website uses php (probably obvious) I want to add a new page to the site, can it be done in cPanel? If so how? If not can someone point me in the right direction.

Regards

Eddie

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can add a new page in cPanel's File Manager area. You can also upload a page in File Manager.

Otherwise, you could use an FTP client such as Filezilla to upload the page to the account.

Of note, normally the main site content is in the public_html folder on an account.

3. eddie_d

eddie_d Member

Hi,

what is the best way to make the page like all the other pages, I was hoping it would of been a case of just add the webpage to the correct folder and php would of done it all...the only way I can think of is to download the site and use good old FP to create/edit it. :confused:

Eddie

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How was the rest of the site created and who created it? PHP is not automated to create new pages in that manner, and I really do not suggest editing a PHP page in FrontPage whatsoever. Is this a self-coded site or a content management system or something else?