Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Adding a domain to a sub-domain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ronowicker, Mar 2, 2004.

1. ronowicker

ronowicker Member

OK...I'm trying to add a domain name to a sub-domain. I assumed the addon domain would do the trick but it really threw me for a loop!

Am I on the right path? If so, is there some documentation somewhere I can read about the addon domains?

If I'm not, does anyone have a suggestion on how this can be done?

Thanks much!
    Ron :confused:

2. mitul

mitul Well-Known Member

Yes you are on the right track, ADDON-domains are meant for Adding a domain on as subdomain, but you will need to explicitly enable addon domains for your account, simply follow the contro panel ==> Addon domain and you will end in setting up one.

Thank you,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ronowicker

ronowicker Member

cool....one thing though

I am a little confused on what to enter. I understand in the first blank I put the new domain.....then it asked me to put a path to the folder, or subdomain folder. I tried it and it created new folders with the sub-folder inside of it.

I already have the subdomain in place:

http://ripped.max-rx.com ....

I want to add www.maxripped.com on top of this already in place subdomain. So I can pull either one from the browser without a redirect. Does that make sense?

Thanks again
    Ron

4. projectandrew

projectandrew Well-Known Member

In those cases, I just use Park A Domain option in WHM - it will then appear in Addon Domains in CPanel.

#4 projectandrew, Mar 2, 2004
    Last edited: May 20, 2004