Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

adding a entry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Homie2, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Homie2

Homie2 Well-Known Member

I have switched to a new datacenter with a new server and i went into enom and updated both of my name servers. i setup ns1 with the main server ip and ns2 with the second ip to the server. Then i went to server setup in whm and click assign an a entry to this name server and i get this

The zone for the root domain yourname.com is missing, or could not be read. The ip address will be read from the webserver configuration and a new zone will be created for this subdomain.
    Created DNS entry for ns1.yourname.com
    Add Complete

2. Homie2

Homie2 Well-Known Member

I did update my custom name servers ns1 and ns2 both with the main ip. I was told that ns1 and ns2 both need seperate ips. SO i now have updated ns2 with my second server ip and hopefully this will fix the issue? I updated all my custom name servers with the new ips through enom.

can someone help.

#2 Homie2, Jan 6, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  3. Homie2

Homie2 Well-Known Member

I went to edit a dns zone and there isn't any zone for my domain. heelp :mad:

#3 Homie2, Jan 6, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2006