The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding a Forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scorpion09, Dec 14, 2011.

1. scorpion09

scorpion09 Member

Hello, I am wanting to know, how do I add a Forum to my Website using cPanel please? Thank you.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might do better to speak with your host or the forum software community for detailed instructions.

Basically, you'll upload the forum files to your server, create a database and associate a user with it, edit the config file for the forum to use the database details for that database you created, and then run the installer for the forum.

3. scorpion09

scorpion09 Member

Infopro, thank you for your responce. I'll try and contact cPanel and get some kind of Forum Software then. I have no idea on how to create a forum. Then upload somehow, I think, thank you. BTY where can I find this forum software community you mentioned? Yeah, I'm new to all this...

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You really should not need to contact cPanel about this, cPanel does not host websites or forums. cPanel is the software used for managing your account and the server your account is on. Your host would be a better source of Info for account management, showing you how to upload files to it, and forum software setup.

The "Forum Software Community" I mentioned was meant as whatever forum software you choose to go with, for example vbulletin.com is professional grade forum software. They have a community forum where you can go and find support, documentation on setup and much more.

I'm not trying to discourage you from using these forums, please feel free. This forum though is more for issues with cPanel software. Instructions on setting up and support of forum software is done more complete elsewhere.

Good luck with your new forum!