Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Adding a new section (icon) to cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clinch, Mar 10, 2005.

1. clinch

clinch Member

Hi there.
    I'm going to be writing my own affiliate program that will allow my users to add links to their site and earn "referral bonuses" every time a new user clicks through their site and signs up for hosting.

However, to make it easier for the user, I want to have code that generates the HTML links to place on their pages.

Soo....

I want to know the easiest way to add a new section and icon to my users' cpanel interface. When they click on the icon, they will be presented with a box where they can cut and paste HTML code that is specific to their domain name so that they can get referral bonuses. I already have the code in place to generate the HTML, I just need to know the best way to add this into cpanel. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Thank you

2. remik

remik Guest

answer

Hi,

the way I did it was: first create a new skin (by clonning x skin) in WHM.
    Then go to /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/your_skins_name.
    In this directory You will find index.html and other files from the user's cpanel. All the icons and the main page of the panel are defined in index.html

#2 remik, Mar 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010