Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Adding a new webmail client

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by dkuntz, Jan 18, 2005.

1. dkuntz

dkuntz Member

Is it possible to add a new webmail client?

I've been toying with Hastymail for awhile (it's easy to add server-wide), but would like to know if it could be added to the www.domain.com:2095 (www.domain.com/webmail) page?

Could it be done as an Addon Module? The install is fairly simple.. add an /etc/hastymail.conf (using an example.conf, but the general settings I use would work on all Cpanel installs I think), and adding an apache includes file, and a line to actually include the include file, but other than that, it should be seamless (the include has a long security key.. no speed problems on a 500 character seed, from what the author says).

Thanks, and as I been up since 8pm, I'm going to sleep.

#1 dkuntz, Jan 18, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  2. projectandrew

projectandrew Well-Known Member

It should be straight forward to install centrally - I've not done it myself, but have done with the latest version of Horde (v3) & Imp (v4).

If its certain features you are looking for, you could always customise your installed version of SquirrelMail:

HOW-TO: Upgrade to SquirrelMail 1.4.4-RC1 on cPanel
    http://www.unofficial-support.com/article/how-to/upgrade_squirrelmail_cpanel

Or make the currently installed webmail applications more easily available:

HOW-TO: cPanel Proxy 0.4.1
    http://www.unofficial-support.com/article/how-to/cpanel_proxy