v84.0.21

vbcda

Registered
Apr 24, 2020
Mangalore
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I want to create a Mail only package using WHM's Add a Package feature.

While doing so I see a check box with the option of a Dedicated IP (Attached screenshot). It just lets me check or un-check the box without letting me select any IP. What does this option do?

Screenshot_2020-04-25 WHM [host] Add a Package - 84 0 21.png

My server has 2 IP's of which only one is currently in use.

What does checking the Dedicated IP do in my case? Which IP will be used and which IP should I add in my DNS?

Also, there is another feature Home »Account Functions »Change Site’s IP Address. If I change the IP in here will it affect the email server too?

Last edited:

piyushmaheswari

Apr 18, 2020
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If you tick on Dedicated IP then the package gives an account dedicated IP .
Like you created a package with dedicated IP .
and then you created a account for this plan then the account got an Dedicated IP ( seprate IP ) .

and if you will not tick on Dedicated IP then account will use the default servers IP.

vbcda

Registered
Apr 24, 2020
Mangalore
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You could potentially set up mail to send from the account's dedicated IP address which is why the option is available. It's dependent on your preferences.
Thanks!

What if there are multiple IP's? Which one does it choose?

Also, there is an option within Account Functions to change the site's IP; does changing it also change the IP of the mail server?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
For accounts, without a dedicated IP in this instance, it will use the Primary Shared IP of the server. If you have this setting selected changing a site's IP address will also change its mail-sending IP.