Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Adding a regular Linux login (adduser) will it break cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wizzy420, Jun 20, 2008.

1. wizzy420

wizzy420 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at hiring another admin. I would like them to have an account they can SSH into and use "sudo" if needed -- it does not need to be in anyway associated with a cPanel/WHM login.

Is it okay to simply "adduser" or "useradd" another user and via WHM put them in the wheel group?

Will this in anyway hose anything in cPanel? All I need is an account that lets someone login and do things using sudo. The only way to add users (I see) via WHM is to add a real account type login - not a standalone login.

Thanks,

W

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

It is safe to add another Linux user. Many applications create their own users and groups too, so it is a pretty common thing to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChrisRHS

ChrisRHS Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. wizzy420

wizzy420 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses!

W