The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding a shopping cart?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by mrzeeedler, Jul 2, 2004.

1. mrzeeedler

mrzeeedler Registered

I have no idea how to do this or any of the programming. If someone could please help me that would be great. Im gonna do like an elaborate products page and want to make a good shopping cart but I have no idea how they even work or how you can login and register to the site also.

thanks,
    kevin

2. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

there must be 100's,.. maybe 1000's of shopping carts avaiable today. If you do a google on shopping carts, I'm sure you'll find a ton! :D

Depending on your requirements and needs, I'm sure you find one that meets your needs.

Mickalo

3. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

I am assuming you are a cpanel end-user.

If your host offers Fantastico, you may be able to simply install cube cart or oscommerce. They may also offer other ecommerce scripts for easy install through your cpanel.

If they do not offer any such scripts, then you may want to check out zen cart .

4. J Bartell

J Bartell Registered

Zen Cart

I don't see the option in install Zen Cart. How do I add the Zen Cart icon to my cpanel page. I see to other shopping cart system icons, but not Zen Cart.

thanks,
    J

5. J Bartell

J Bartell Registered

Limiting Packages on my clients cpanel page.

There are many options on a cpanel page. I make a package choosing only a few that my clients could opt for. But how do I make it so those few icons show up on their cpanels? And of course I want to know how to add or delete feature icons on my clients cpanels and my own.

thanks,
    J

6. PowerProWeb

PowerProWeb Member

Custom skinning, or get Rvskin

7. tree21

tree21 Registered

adding commerce.cgi

Same topic (i think).
    I am removing interchange and agora from my clients cpanels. I used agora for a few years... I am in contact with commerce.cgi and we want to know what is required to make a self-install on cpanel for our clients, of commerce.cgi
    Myself and another hosting company (resellers) I know, want very much to do this- but are unsure of what is required (step by step instructions would be wonderful!).
    I do note that the carts now available through cpanel are agora.tar.gz and interchange.tar.gz and where they are located at (again, we are 'removing' these) and want to offer our clients commerce.cgi in thier place, the person who runs commerce.cgi said he will do whatever, to help us make this available through cpanel, but wants to know what we want/need in order to make a self install similar to how cpanel now has agora and interchange set up for easy install for our clients.
    Either way- we want to offer commerce.cgi and he is willing to assist also, in providing whatever is required for such an install in cpanel (I do, highly recommend others to follow this pattern- you may note, agoras code? Then compair it to commerce.cgi.....).
    I write myown software- commerce.cgi is the QUALITY I want to offer to my clients- any help in HOW to install in cpanel, would be appreceated very much!
    Thanks,
    tree21

#7 tree21, Apr 16, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2005