The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding a simple alias

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Data 1, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Data 1

Data 1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi,

Is there an easy way I have overlooked to add a simple server alias in WHM? I ended up doing it manually and running the distiller so it would stick.

There was a specific incident where a domain name was pointed at the IP and didn't use the nameservers. The domain name was a "gift" so I didn't want to say "hey can you go in and set the nameservers to bla bla bla".

I tried using "parked domain" but it gave me an error regarding the nameservers for the domain.

Which leads me to another question... why can you create an entire account before you even register a domain name but when you attempt to do a parked domain it requires the parked domain to be pointed at the nameservers? Doesn't seem right.

Jim

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

You can Park a domain before setting up the correct name servers but by default you are not allowed to do that. However, you can disable the option from WHM >> Tweak Settings >> Domains section >> Allow creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers.

Select the option and click Save.