The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adding account, missing ns2 config

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dcbbw, Jun 1, 2004.

1. dcbbw

dcbbw Registered

Hello, I am new to WHM though i've used cpanel before and i am trying to set up a dedicated server and add a domain. I keep getting the message "Missing NS2 Config Line in /etc/wwwacct.conf " I think i have the wrong nameserver information , but i don't know. I called the hosting company and they said to use ns1.theircompany.com and ns2.theircompany.com, but i thought it would have been ns1.mydomain.com or myserver.mydomain.com So currently, the domain has been registered to ns1.theircompany.com and i get this error message trying to set up an account. Please help me, i am so confused.
    so, 1) what should the nameserver be when i register my domain, and
    2) what do i need to set up for that in whm?
    thanks for any help!

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Setting up your own nameservers is not difficult, but it is involved. There are many threads in here about how to do that very thing. Take a quick search on setup nameservers and you should find the information you need.

You can use your NOCs nameservers, but then you need to add each domain to their system as you add accounts which, IMO is a hassle.

3. dcbbw

dcbbw Registered

thank you very much, i learned alot and fixed several things. The site is still not working though. I can create the account and get in through cpanel, but the site is not there when i go to the domain. Is this just still propogating or is it not correctly set up? In ssh i do pico /etc/resolv.conf
    i get
    search s1.myhostingcomapny.com
    nameserver 127.0.0.1
    nameserver 11.111.11.111
    nameserver 11.111.11.10

and the help tutorial says i should get
    domain yourdomain.com
    search yourdomain.com
    #nameserver 127.0.0.1
    nameserver ip address #1 here
    nameserver ip address #2 here

should the 2nd and third ip addresses be my primary and secondary ips or is this correct. When checking the dns info in a whois look up it comes up correctly.

4. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator