The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adding accounts VERY slow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pman4228, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Pman4228

Pman4228 Registered

Currently I am running the latest release of CP on RHEL3 on a dual 2.8 xeonon server with about 3200 domains on the box. I am currently having long wait times on the creation or deletion of accounts. Basically anthing that calls /scripts/mkvhostspasswd

The time it takes to create or delete an account is between 5-10 minutes depending on the server load. I know that the choking point of the wwwacct account script is the calling of mkvhostspasswd.

Can anyone make any suggestions as how to speed this up? As we do many account deletions and addtions. I am just expecting cpanel to do to much while running a mail server,msql,cpop,named, and dns. (I know this is not a good thing to be doing)

Any suggestions?

(by the way mkvhostspasswd is a resource hog, eating 70% + of the proccessor for about 3-5 minutes)

2. konrath

konrath Well-Known Member

I have same problem :rolleyes:

3. astounding

astounding Member

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to optimize this?

I'm having the same issue.

Thanks.
    A

4. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

more the domains, greater is the time taken

hi,
    i think more the number of domains you have the config files are also bigger in size, causing it to take a lot of time in rewriting/editing those files.
    I remember a/c creation is fastest when you have a new box and starts taking time as you keep on adding more domains to it.

Anyway 3200 domains on a single box, What kinda load you must be getting with so much people aboard, its like a titanic again.

see ya,
    mohit

5. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

It really depends on the size of the websites and the traffic they bring in. You could easily host thousands of domains on one server without any load issues. However with this many domains on a single machine, thats quite likely the cause of the slowness.