Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Adding Active Directory Users to cPanel Account Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orlando Polanco, May 17, 2018.

1. Orlando Polanco

Orlando Polanco Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Please excuse if this is posted in the wrong thread.

I am looking to add Active Directory users to the group that cpanel creates when an account is added.

I understand I have to hook into the create action to get my script to run, the problem is I can't seem to get the permissions to set correctly.

For example, I create a cpanel account in WHM named jondoe.com, the user jondoe and the group jondoe are created.

I than want to add the users in my active directory webgroup to the jondoe group.

So one by one I will add them with

usermod -aG jondoe username

This action completes but the users still have no access to files or to even list the directory contents.

I have not tried this with a local unix user yet, is there no support for AD users in cpanel?

Thank You

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Orlando Polanco,

This isn't something that's supported as part of cPanel & WHM. You can vote for the existing feature request to integrate Active Directory with cPanel & WHM at:

Active Directory Integration

As far as manually setting this up as part of the operating system, you'll likely receive more feedback to this type of question on websites such as StackOverflow or the CentOS forums. Once you're able to get that working as intended, let us know if you need any help with setting up the hook.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...