Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Adding Addon Domain Email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by newbie123, Nov 21, 2014.

1. newbie123

newbie123 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi all,

Currently I have purchase a new shared dedicated IP hosting (Cpanel backend). I have add a new addon domain. The email running was fine untill I made a changes to its A record of www.domain.com pointing to other IP. How could I possibly configure this. It is related to MX record? How to configure it to work?

2. 24x7ss

24x7ss Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You can point the MX record to that dedicated IP and wait for sometime for DNS propagation. Mails will start working fine. Also, In WHM >> exim configuration there is a setting which your hosting provider can set "Allow mails from dedicated IP" then only your mails will use that particular IP for sending/receiving mails.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate on the specific error message or issue you are having with the email? Ensure the MX destination is a hostname that resolves to your server's IP address.

Note the MX destination should be a hostname and not an IP address itself.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...