The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding big lists of email addresses

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by RawG, Jun 27, 2005.

1. RawG

RawG Member

Hi,

I have a client who wants me to setup an account on my cPanel server so that he can use his domain in his email addresses.

The problem, is that it's a fairly huge list, and I don't want to have to make him or myself sit there and add ever single one individually via the web front-end.

I have a long list of usernames and passwords he would like to use, so I'm wondering if there's a way to do this easily from the shell? I've found a few scripts in the /scripts directory that I thought do the trick (addpop/newpop), but don't seem to do anything for me.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance...

2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

Search Forum with "automatic email account creation"

3. RawG

RawG Member

Hmmmm

Well, everything I found wasn't really what I was after...

I looking for a way, when given a long list of usernames and passwords, to add each user/pass as a mail account on a given domain. I'm not looking to start up a free (or paid) email service.

I would preferably like to do it via the shell (ssh), as I can simply paste to 'cat > userpass_list', then feed userpass_list to a shell script that will loop through it and add each account.

I can write the shell script myself, but I need to know how to add a single mail account to a domain, and have it show up as if I added it through cpanel.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance again...

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You should be able to use /scripts/addpop and script around that.