Adding ClamAV to existing Cpanel setup

HappymanUK

May 3, 2003
I would like to add Anti Virus to my server to check incoming/outgoing emails for viruses, and I believe ClamAV would do this nicely.

Am I correct in thinking that I must upgrade my Cpanel/WHM to the 'Pro' version first before installing the 'add-on' ClamAV' ???

Is either of these likely to cause any problems, or is it straight forward ??

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Straightforward as selecting both options in WHM > Addon Modules > and hitting the Save button - at least, it should be :)

HappymanUK

May 3, 2003
chirpy said:
Straightforward as selecting both options in WHM > Addon Modules > and hitting the Save button - at least, it should be :)
:)

Are there any known issues (that you know of) with either of these addons ??

Thanks
Daniel

HappymanUK

May 3, 2003
Also, anyone know if the ClamAV addon requires the 'Pro' version of Cpanel ??

Thanks
Daniel

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
You do need the Pro addon to get the user portion in cPanel I believe. You shouldn't have any problems with cPanel Pro. The clamavconnector is usually fine and if there are any problems, they'll probably have been posted on the forums in the past with solutions.

HappymanUK

May 3, 2003
chirpy said:
You do need the Pro addon to get the user portion in cPanel I believe. You shouldn't have any problems with cPanel Pro. The clamavconnector is usually fine and if there are any problems, they'll probably have been posted on the forums in the past with solutions.
Hi Chirpy,

Thanks for your reply.

I have just done it, and so far everything seems to be working well. I have sent myself a few 'Eircar' test viruses, and they seem to have been blocked OK.

I notice in the cpanel, there is an option for users to virus scan their emails, webspace, etc.

Am I right though in thinking ALL emails (incoming and outgoing) are being automatically scanned anyway ??

Thanks again
Daniel

cix

Nov 6, 2003
hm

I´m with same doubt...
Virus Scan at CPANEL is working fine, but, seems not scanning automatically without the use of Virus Scanner interface.

Some Eicar Virus are not filtered without Virus Scanner use.