The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding custom nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by eXpirium, May 9, 2007.

1. eXpirium

eXpirium Member

I've installed new OS on my dedi box, and when I go to basic WHM setup and want to change nameservers to my own (registered at GoDaddy), I'm getting this error:

Cannot determine ip for dns1.bla.com

When I try to click first at "Assign IP address" it says:

Sorry, the nameserver dns1.bla.com already has the ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx assigned to it.

Any idea how to deal with this?

2. neonix

neonix Well-Known Member

The simplest workaround would be to temporarily delete the child nameservers dns1.bla.com
    and dns2.bla.com at godaddy.com.

Then, in WHM click at "Assign IP address" - it should assign the free i.p.s for both nameservers - then enable the child nameservers at godaddy - and make sure the i.p.s match.

3. newbieuser

newbieuser Registered

I'm having the same problem

Only I have a virtual private server. Will this work for me as well, if I delete the ip's, then assign them after assigning them in the first time setup or after I've gone through the inital setup?

Thanks

Charlene

4. idsinc

idsinc Registered

Never an Answer for DNS on Virtual Server

This question was asked in about 2007? Does anyone have an answer for this? I'd like to know...