The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding domain to my server

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Adas, Jul 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Adas

Adas Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,I am totaly new to this and have some hard time adding the domain to to the site I am hosting through VPS. In WHM I have created new account (that should be my website), then I added this account's IP to the IP Functions-> Add a New IP Address. Then in "Basic cPanel & WHM Setup" in Nameserver 1 I have cganged from ns1.vm to ns1.example.com, I did the same with Nameserver 2, then I moved on to Edit DNS Zone here in first two NS bars I have changed from ns1.vm(or something similar) to ns1.example.com. and ns2.example.com. also, in the bottom I pasted those nameserver values that(I think) are ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com, selected A's and pasted this Ip in both bars: 82.221.xxx.xxx(it's example.com, the web I am trying to put domain on, user ip in WHM) and saved. Then, in my domain providers registrar just pasted ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com, I thought, it should work, but it doesn't... Now, when I go to example.com I get "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" instead of redirection to domain seller's site, witch in my eyes seems like some kind of progress. Also, when I check this on intodns.com it shows that my nameservers use same IP, that is main(host?) IP, is it good, bad or even related to the fact that my domain doesn't work the way I want? So, what I did wrong here and what should I do? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks for reading.

#1 Adas, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2016
  2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    nameservers must be registered with your domain registrar to work. So register ns1.example.com and enter its IP address, do same for ns2

3. Adas

Adas Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello thanks for answer, so it's okay to have same IP for both nameservers?

4. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    depends on the registrar most of them do not care

5. Adas

Adas Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for your response, maybe you have any idea what I did wrong or why domain doesn't find website?

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator