The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Domains, Hosting and Email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Nick1973, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Nick1973

Nick1973 Registered

Please can somebody tell me why I keep getting this error and what I can do about it when I try to add a domain?

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 212.67.202.2,212.67.203.246 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Also can I set up my own nameservers in C Panel?

Thanks

Nick

#1 Nick1973, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  2. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Look under WHM >> Main >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings and read what you have selected for adding domains.

To your second question yes you can. Are you a reseller or do you have full access? If you are a reseller you will need to talk to your host. If you have full access set them up at WHM >> Main >> Networking Setup >> Nameserver IPs and be sure you have a couple free IP's.

3. sunil001

sunil001 Member

Hi Nick1973,

To park or add a domain as addon domain you should update the name servers for your domain before adding.

To have private name servers ask your host to assign so that they will assign ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com and they will provide IP's for ns1 and ns2 .. then you have to contact your domain registrar and ask them to register name servers with those IP's.

That's it, you can update your name servers to your client domains also.

Regards
    sunil
    http://ehostpros.com