The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adding Extra Name Servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by logikstudios, Jun 23, 2007.

1. logikstudios

logikstudios Well-Known Member

Hi. Am i doing this correctly?

I have pointed a domain(chostwales.co.uk) to my server which is ns1.xxxxxxxx.xxx

now that it has propogated i want to create a a nameserver with that domain.

I would like to create ns1.chostwales.co.uk

I go into the reseller options of that account and at the bottom i see add name servers.

I type in ns1.chostwales.co.uk. I then click assign an IP. I do that and it works fine. I then click add an A entry for this listing. I do that and it comes up with this IP 208.106.193.154 I do this with any reseller account with any domain and it still comes up with that IP.

I have done this correctly and there is a bug or have i done something wrong.

Thanks,
    Nathaniel

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Yes, that looks fine. Name server addresses are fine to share and they do not require dedicated addresses. Its job is just to point to the server so as long as your ns subdomains ping your working server, you are good to go.

Of course you will need to register/create the nameservers with your registrar as well.