louisfrenchy

Jul 5, 2018
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

This is server cPanel and OS version. I have root access on server.

/etc/redhat-release:Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.10 (Santiago)
/usr/local/cpanel/version:11.72.0.7
/var/cpanel/envtype:standard
CPANEL=release
I am moving servers and having to re-create sites on the new server.

I tried creating a first domain. I entered all settings. However after I press create, the screen stays forever on 'Creating a new account'. The background screen shows there are warning but I cannot access them as the front message stays stuck on 'Creating a new account'.

After 20 mins wait I gave up and refreshed browser, and the message was account creation failed.

I tried re-creating the account again but now am stuck with this message

Account Creation Status: failed

(XID jtf9r9) This system already has an account named “site1”. at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 601.
A List Account from cPanel shows no site1 created. Under /home I can see a site1 directory created but there is nothing in this directory.

1. How do I now delete this account to be able to re-use same account name ?
2. How do I see what was the warning background messages are during creation if browser is stuck on this message at front saying 'Creating a new account' ?
3. The options I selected are pretty much the same to what they are on current server site is being hosted. The new cPanel version does have extra options. However as I cannot see what the warnings are, I don't know what the issue is here.

cPanel version where actual sites are being hosted on current server is

/etc/redhat-release:Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Tikanga)
/usr/local/cpanel/version:11.56.0.52
/var/cpanel/envtype:standard
CPANEL=stable
Hope anyone can help resolve this so I can create the sites on new server. I've never had this issue before creating sites using cPanel.

Thank You

louisfrenchy

Jul 5, 2018
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have tried this command also

[[email protected] home]# cat /etc/userdomains | grep site1
[[email protected] home]#

[[email protected] home]# /etc/passwd | grep site1
site1:x:500:502::/home/site1:/bin/bash
[[email protected] home]

[[email protected] home]# grep -r site1 /var/cpanel/users/
[[email protected] home]#

[[email protected] home]# grep -r site1 /var/cpanel/userdata/
<DATA IS SHOWN THERE FOR SITE1>
[[email protected] home]
So only /var/cpanel/userdata/ shows data but the account creation from browser just won't pass the stage from the image I've attached. Surely this can't take over 20 minutes to create a domain.

I have tried creating another domain with a username called sitetest, and this also gets stuck on same stage and also only shows data in /var/cpanel/userdata/

I have manually removed site1 under /home. Unsure if this is a mistake to properly cleanup as I was trying to get passed the issue of site1 already exist.

But it does not seems creating a domain is working at all on this new server with cPanel at present.

1. Can I manually delete the directories in /var/cpanel/userdata for site1 and sitetest using rm -Rf site1 and rm -Rf sitetest ?
2. As for the 2 x cPanel versions from current server where I have no issues creating a domain and the new server cPanel. These are the extra options

Enable Apache SpamAssassin™
Use the nameservers specified at the Domain’s Registrar. (Ignore locally specified nameservers.)
Overwrite any existing DNS zones for the account.

I had them ticked but unsure if they are the issue as I can't see what the warning messages in background are about.

3. As for package, I created it from the Create Account part and I can see cPanel created the package.

Any clues.

louisfrenchy

Jul 5, 2018
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Doing these steps from command line appears to clear the error of

(XID jtf9r9) This system already has an account named “sitetest”. at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 601.
The steps I did to try again using same username for the domain

cd /home
rm -Rf sitetest
userdel sitetest
cd /var/cpanel/userdata/
rm -Rf sitetest
cd /home
But my main issue from attached image is the same no matter how many times I keep trying to create a domain.

louisfrenchy

Jul 5, 2018
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I can see the warnings now after ding this from command line

cd /usr/local/cpanel/logs
cat error_log | grep sitetest | more
[2018-07-05 20:06:52 -0500] warn [Internal Warning while parsing [stdin] 8735] (XID aacv99) The system failed to create the directory â/home/sitetest/.cpanelâ
Create/Utils.pm line 129

warn [Internal Warning while parsing [stdin] 8735] (XID h27knd) The system failed to create the directory â/home/sitetest/.cpanel/cachesâ
counts/Create/Utils.pm line 129.

warn [Internal Warning while parsing [stdin] 8735] (XID 58mawn) The system failed to create the directory â/home/sitetest/.cpanel/datastoreâ
/Accounts/Create/Utils.pm line 129.

warn [Internal Warning while parsing [stdin] 8735] (XID thhckx) The system failed to create the directory â/home/sitetest/etcâ
te/Utils.pm line 129.

warn [Internal Warning while parsing [stdin] 8735] (XID g2e4hd) The system failed to create the directory â/home/sitetest/etc/domain.comâ
ccounts/Create/Utils.pm line 129.

warn [Internal Warning while parsing [stdin] 8735] (XID qgwgmf) The system failed to create the directory â/home/sitetest/mailâ
ate/Utils.pm line 129.

warn [Internal Warning while parsing [stdin] 8735] (XID 7byxgp) The system failed to create the directory â/home/sitetest/mail/domain.comâ
Accounts/Create/Utils.pm line 129.
Looks like directories are failing to create . I did the following

cd /
ls -al
drwx------. 12 523 523 4096 Jul 5 22:40 home
Looks like home group and user is not right to me. SoI did the following

chmod 711 home/
chgrp root home/
chwon root home/
I then tried to re-create the site and this time it goes through till I get this message

Account Creation Complete!!!...
Account Creation Ok
...Done
I did a List Account and I see the account created successfully.

So my issue appears to have been the new server had permission, and directory settings of /home incorrect.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @louisfrenchy

I am so happy to hear that you were able to identify the issue and resolve it. Thank you very much for updating us here as to the resolution you found.

Thanks!