Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Adding First domain Failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by louisfrenchy, Jul 5, 2018.

1. louisfrenchy

louisfrenchy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

This is server cPanel and OS version. I have root access on server.

I am moving servers and having to re-create sites on the new server.

I tried creating a first domain. I entered all settings. However after I press create, the screen stays forever on 'Creating a new account'. The background screen shows there are warning but I cannot access them as the front message stays stuck on 'Creating a new account'.

After 20 mins wait I gave up and refreshed browser, and the message was account creation failed.

I tried re-creating the account again but now am stuck with this message

A List Account from cPanel shows no site1 created. Under /home I can see a site1 directory created but there is nothing in this directory.

1. How do I now delete this account to be able to re-use same account name ?
    2. How do I see what was the warning background messages are during creation if browser is stuck on this message at front saying 'Creating a new account' ?
    3. The options I selected are pretty much the same to what they are on current server site is being hosted. The new cPanel version does have extra options. However as I cannot see what the warnings are, I don't know what the issue is here.

cPanel version where actual sites are being hosted on current server is

Hope anyone can help resolve this so I can create the sites on new server. I've never had this issue before creating sites using cPanel.

Thank You

2. louisfrenchy

louisfrenchy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've attached the page site creation gets stuck on before I refreshed browser after 20 minutes waiting.

Attached Files:

3. louisfrenchy

louisfrenchy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have tried this command also

So only /var/cpanel/userdata/ shows data but the account creation from browser just won't pass the stage from the image I've attached. Surely this can't take over 20 minutes to create a domain.

I have tried creating another domain with a username called sitetest, and this also gets stuck on same stage and also only shows data in /var/cpanel/userdata/

I have manually removed site1 under /home. Unsure if this is a mistake to properly cleanup as I was trying to get passed the issue of site1 already exist.

But it does not seems creating a domain is working at all on this new server with cPanel at present.

1. Can I manually delete the directories in /var/cpanel/userdata for site1 and sitetest using rm -Rf site1 and rm -Rf sitetest ?
    2. As for the 2 x cPanel versions from current server where I have no issues creating a domain and the new server cPanel. These are the extra options

Enable Apache SpamAssassin™
    Use the nameservers specified at the Domain’s Registrar. (Ignore locally specified nameservers.)
    Overwrite any existing DNS zones for the account.

I had them ticked but unsure if they are the issue as I can't see what the warning messages in background are about.

3. As for package, I created it from the Create Account part and I can see cPanel created the package.

Any clues.

4. louisfrenchy

louisfrenchy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Doing these steps from command line appears to clear the error of

The steps I did to try again using same username for the domain

But my main issue from attached image is the same no matter how many times I keep trying to create a domain.

5. louisfrenchy

louisfrenchy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I can see the warnings now after ding this from command line

Looks like directories are failing to create . I did the following

Looks like home group and user is not right to me. SoI did the following

I then tried to re-create the site and this time it goes through till I get this message

I did a List Account and I see the account created successfully.

So my issue appears to have been the new server had permission, and directory settings of /home incorrect.

6. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @louisfrenchy

I am so happy to hear that you were able to identify the issue and resolve it. Thank you very much for updating us here as to the resolution you found.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...