The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Forwarders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by atony34, Aug 23, 2004.

1. atony34

atony34 Member
    PartnerNOC

HI,

Thank you for reading this post.

im having trouble adding forwarders. I had this domain (mydomain.com) and it was another companies name so I parked it. My customers go to this domain and it redirects them to mydomain2.com. My customers do not know my new email address so i want to set up forwarding from mydomain.com to mydomain2.com. Easy enough right? well here is the problem. In cpanel I go into forwarders, and start to set everything up, but when i select the domains in the dropdown all i get are my 2 subsomains (sub.mydomain.com & sub2.mydomain.com) and not the original domain that i parked (mydomain.com). Follow me? How do I set this up? Im completely lost.

Once again thank you for reading this post.

-atony34

2. icanectc

icanectc Well-Known Member

Did you park the domain from WHM or Cpanel?

3. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    when you do a addon domain it makes domain1.com into a sub with the username that you created, thus domain1.domain2.com but domain1 would be the username. (user.domain2.com) - and then typing in domain1.com would actually do a type 302 redirect to domain2.com - but show the site of domain1.

Using Parked domains is almost opposite. It would be domain1.com and domain2.com both resolve and show the same website.

Not sure if that helps.