dumbdave

Registered
Aug 2, 2004
i wish to add ftp accounts to my site. it seemed simple until i read the following paragraph(s). i just want each user be able to upload and download specific to their username/ftp account, without giving them access to the other accounts/users. in plain english please.. help!

Directions:
If you enter a single / in the directory box, the new FTP user will have access to the entire public_html directory and all directories under it. If you just want the new user to be able to access a sub-domain, just set the directory box to the same value as the sub-domain's root name, which is listed in parenthesis on the sub-domain section of this control panel.

Please be aware that the new user will have read/write access to the directory you choose and every directory below it. For example, if you choose to add the user john, and give the user access to /home/dave/public_html/john directory, the user will be able to add, edit, rename and remove any file or directory in /home/dave/public_html/john.

ISNScott

Jul 16, 2004
go to ftp accounts and add

and say you want the user scott with the password hello to only access the scott dir you would put

username - scott
password - hello
dir - /scott

its that simple, that would make the user scott only access the dir scott

faqall

Jul 17, 2004
i found this to be UN TRUE!!!!!!!

WHM 10.0.0 cPanel 10.0.0-R143
RedHat 9 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

using ws_ftp

made user test
pass test