The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding host Headers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aboleth, Jan 26, 2006.

1. aboleth

aboleth Well-Known Member

I have a customer who wants to point a domain name to cpanel. he is hosted elsewhere, and is using frontpage to upload his site to our cpanel server. He wants to use frontpage extensions, and i dont know how to tell cpanel to add a host header pointing towards his directories. He doesnt want to switch over his domain untill he's able to load it onto cpanel with fronpage. Basically we'll be creating an a record that points towards cpanel, like "record.domain.com"... I think i just need to add host headers for this? Anyhow, any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. aboleth

aboleth Well-Known Member

has my newb car expired?

3. kieranmullen

kieranmullen Well-Known Member

It would be good to know this since this is the only post of the topic. It is easy enough to do in windows. We have a windows based control panel that allows for it.

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

You need to give this customer a good hard lecture for his own good and give
    them a really huge wake up call because they are in for a very rude awakening!

Frontpage has officially now been terminated and declared dead by Microsoft ....

Shipments of Frontpage have halted this month ...

There will be no more security updates ....

No more patches ....

No more Frontpage Extensions .....

Many of the newer system and software updates being released now are no longer
    compatible with Frontpage and will break your Frontpage support since it is no longer
    necessary for vendors to continue to support or worry about Frontpage compatibility
    when making updates for their operating systems and software applications.

This means for hosts to continue to support Frontpage, they will literally have to
    stop updating their servers and not apply any more software updates which of course
    also means those hosts will be forever vulnerable to any new security problems
    discovered from now on which is not really feasible from a operational perspective.

I am sorry but it is time for your customer to move on from Frontpage!

(At least some good news for your customer though is that Microsoft is in the process
    of getting a new product out that will replace Frontpage and works off of the
    newer DAV systems instead of Frontpage extensions)