aboleth

Sep 8, 2005
I have a customer who wants to point a domain name to cpanel. he is hosted elsewhere, and is using frontpage to upload his site to our cpanel server. He wants to use frontpage extensions, and i dont know how to tell cpanel to add a host header pointing towards his directories. He doesnt want to switch over his domain untill he's able to load it onto cpanel with fronpage. Basically we'll be creating an a record that points towards cpanel, like "record.domain.com"... I think i just need to add host headers for this? Anyhow, any help is appreciated, thanks!

Spiral

BANNED
Jun 24, 2005
I have a customer who wants to point a domain name to cpanel. he is hosted elsewhere, and is using frontpage to upload his site to our cpanel server. He wants to use frontpage extensions, and i dont know how to tell cpanel to add a host header pointing towards his directories. He doesnt want to switch over his domain untill he's able to load it onto cpanel with fronpage. Basically we'll be creating an a record that points towards cpanel, like "record.domain.com"... I think i just need to add host headers for this? Anyhow, any help is appreciated, thanks!
You need to give this customer a good hard lecture for his own good and give
them a really huge wake up call because they are in for a very rude awakening!

Frontpage has officially now been terminated and declared dead by Microsoft ....

Shipments of Frontpage have halted this month ...

There will be no more security updates ....

No more patches ....

No more Frontpage Extensions .....

Many of the newer system and software updates being released now are no longer
compatible with Frontpage and will break your Frontpage support since it is no longer
necessary for vendors to continue to support or worry about Frontpage compatibility
when making updates for their operating systems and software applications.

This means for hosts to continue to support Frontpage, they will literally have to
stop updating their servers and not apply any more software updates which of course
also means those hosts will be forever vulnerable to any new security problems
discovered from now on which is not really feasible from a operational perspective.

I am sorry but it is time for your customer to move on from Frontpage!

(At least some good news for your customer though is that Microsoft is in the process
of getting a new product out that will replace Frontpage and works off of the
newer DAV systems instead of Frontpage extensions)