Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Adding IPs with WHM = locked machine = help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrburrou, Jun 26, 2004.

1. mrburrou

mrburrou Registered

I've been using CPanel and WHM for quite a while... this about my 10th server or so configured with WHM, so I was fairly comfortable getting this one set up.

I have an IP address pool of 5 IPs, so I went to go add them with the "Add a New IP Address" tool. Upon entering the first of the additional IP addresses (+1 from the server IP), I get no response from the server and it becomes totally unavailable... it crashes.

It's bad enough that I have to call the reboot people at my Data Center each time I've tried it. Anybody ever experience this or have a suggestion?

Thanks.
    - Matthew

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I can't say that I've ever seen this problem, but, do you have APF or any other iptables firewall installed?

If so, it would be a good idea to shut that down before adding new IP addresses. Once added, make sure to reconfigure your firewall to include them. For APF, just run:
    /etc/apf/vnet/vnetgen

The only other thing I can think of is whether you're using the correct subnet mask for the IP address that you've been given.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mrburrou

mrburrou Registered

The server technicians at my data center solved the problem for me. There was a critical configuration error with eth0. Took them a few tries to figure it out though... I didn't even think to look there.

Hopefully that might help out anybody that ever experiences this problem.