The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Multiple Domains/Accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mthomas209, Mar 19, 2007.

1. mthomas209

mthomas209 Registered

Is there a way to add a 100 or so domains/accounts at once instead of one at a time through WHM?

I am guessing there is a script to do this somewhere but cant find anything?

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. cybertrax

cybertrax Member

I have the same query.

I have around 90 accounts currently held on a reseller account, but am in the middle of setting up my own server to take over at the end of the month. I would really prefer a way of adding the accounts that is easier than just creating one at a time.

3. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

You can move the accounts directly from your Reseller to your new server relativley easily. :) using the Backup section in WHM "Copy multiple accounts from another server"

Or alternativley its possible to do it via SSH if your previous host will grant you SSH access for a little while.

Chris.

4. cybertrax

cybertrax Member

Apologies, stupid question time again.

Backup is not enabled in my new server, and when I tried in the configuration menu it came up with an error message,
    /Backup is not a directory..
    Backup has been disabled to prevent file loss..
    /Backup does not exist..
    Backup has been disabled to prevent file loss..
    Backup Configuration Saved!

I have created a Backup folder in my traxhosts.com account but this has no effect. I do not know how to gain root access - I try to FTP to the root but comes up with username/password error. If I can get this working it would save a LOT of time, just like doing a backup of a normal CPanel account helps when changing hosts.

By the by, when doing a backup - either on one account or all accounts on server - does this include all Joomla module addons? One of my sites uses Joomla, which I guess I will have to install onto the new server, but I am hoping that the extra mods would be saved as part of the account.

#4 cybertrax, Mar 19, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2007