The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding New Account Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rlpittman, Aug 5, 2002.

1. rlpittman

rlpittman Active Member

I use the Miva scripting language on my servers. I've been running with no problem for well over a year.

This morning, I attempted to add a new account onto my server. Upon adding the account, Miva stops working for ALL of my accounts!

To configure Miva, I copy the binary into the user's cgi-bin along with the config file. I set Miva to 4755 and put a .htaccess file into the user's public_html directory.

I had to rollback the configuration httpd.conf to get my miva accounts going again. It's definately something in the config files.

Any ideas????

2. rlpittman

rlpittman Active Member

A little bit more investigation

It appears to have something to do with adding the following lines to EVERY &virtualhost& directive:

User metelsk
    Group metelsk

This is certainly something new as it just started to occur. As I stated, I set Miva to 4755.

Again, any ideas? I can't have it change all of my configs, as it blows up all of my Miva accounts.

3. rlpittman

rlpittman Active Member

At a loss

Seeing that no-one has deigned to answer my original question, how can I get it so when I add a new account, it DOES NOT add the lines

USER xyz
    GROUP xyz

to each virtualserver directive? I can't have my Miva accounts go down everytime I, or one of my resellers, adds a new customer.

This is killing me.

Ray

4. MikeF12

MikeF12 Member

Ray

I've got the same problem, were you able to fix it?

Mike

5. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Heck, I'm even surprized you got Miva to work &at all& with Cpanel!

As the &User & Group& for each Virtual account should always be the same as the &username& for the account, I would do some testing to see first, if that is happening. Other than that, I dunno??? I go back to what I posted on the first line.

6. rlpittman

rlpittman Active Member

Adding New Account Problems - Resolved

Hey guys,

I forgot all about this thread. I did finally figure it out.

First, one of my resellers wrote a neat little script to run from the command line to &Miva-ize& a customer account. Understand that in order to &Miva-ize& an account, I copy the binary for Miva into the users cgi-bin directory and set a conf file in there as well.

I have a copy of the binary in a directory off of the main home directory that contains the binary and a template conf file. His script takes the template, fills it in with the correct directories, copies it the the cust folder and VIOLA! it works.

The fix for the above problem was to NOT do 4755, but 755 for the permissions. With the addition of the USER/GROUP lines in the conf file, it took away the necessity of having Miva run as root.

Works great now.

7. mooony

mooony Well-Known Member

Hi,

Do you mind sharing that script that your reseller wrote with us?

Ronald

8. rlpittman

rlpittman Active Member

Adding New Account Problems - Resolved

I had to check whether he would mind me offering this out to the world.

I've placed the script in a folder called miva_installer on my server, quasars.com. Open and download the three files in there and upload to your server. (download in ascii form)

The script assumes:

- Your customer files are located in /home
    - You have these files loaded into /home/miva_files
    - Your miva binary is also in /home/miva_files

If any of these are not true, you will have to modify the install_miva script to accomodate the changes.

These files are bug-free and virus free. However, I have to give myself an out, so...

This script comes with no warranties, guarantees, or assumptions other than those displayed here. Not responsible for any adverse effects that could occur. Please do not sell this script without the previous consent of myself or the originator listed in the top of the install_miva script.

Good luck guys!

9. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ahh, I hate to mention this, but how does one open and/or download a &mv& file with a Browser? I cannot. Would it be possible to &zip& everything together?

10. rlpittman

rlpittman Active Member

Good call. :p Sorry about that. Go there now, there's a file called files.zip.

11. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

[quote:033ccc6499][i:033ccc6499]Originally posted by Website Rob[/i:033ccc6499]

Ahh, I hate to mention this, but how does one open and/or download a &mv& file with a Browser? I cannot. Would it be possible to &zip& everything together?[/quote:033ccc6499]

You right click while over it and select 'Save as...' or &Copy link from location' depending on what browser you have.

Jaz

12. Leandro

Leandro Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I need help !!!

Hi, i am intrested in installing Miva support in my server, but i am having some troubles with this.

Someone knows were i can find some help. A step by step document or somthing like that.

I looked at miva.com, but i dont really get nothing good. I follow the step by step document i downloaded there, but i got just nothing.

What shall i do with this issue?

Thans very much.