The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding New Accounts/Sub-domains/Pointers Takes Forever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Ever since I started using cpanel/WHM it has taken around 6 minutes to create a new account, sub-domain, domain pointer, or parked domain. I am running a FreeBSD server that is a dual pentium xeon 2.6 GHz with 2 GBs of RAM and have the latest RELEASE version of cpanel.

Does anybody have any idea why it takes so long to do this or how to speed it up?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Anybody?

I'm running the DNS server externally in case this makes a difference, but nothing is added/edited/deleted on the external DNS server via WHM/cPanel.

3. Juanra

Juanra Well-Known Member

We also run the DNS externally. Adding subdomains takes a lot of time too (but not 6 minutes, something around 1 minute). Not good because people cancel the process and there are dangling subdomains all around. Anyway it shouldn't be taking that long to complete.

4. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I just did a test and when I added a sub-domain it took about 30 seconds, but when I add a new account, domain pointer, or parked domain, it takes over 5 minutes. Does this happen to you as well?