Mister9

Apr 28, 2010
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi!
I am looking for some help on a (probably elementary) issue I am oblivious to.

I have (hopefully) successfully set up Cpanel on AWS with clustering following the instructions: https://blog.cpanel.com/part-1-how-i-built-a-cpanel-hosting-environment-on-amazon-aws/

I'm now realizing that when I created my web server instance I only allocated 40GB of General SSD. I would like to add another 200GB EBS to this server. I understand how to attach, format, and mount it to a directory in server. However my simple mind is thinking I need this at /home where all the websites will be filling up at. Having this new EBS at some random location like /fileserver is useless if it is not placed where all the new sites files will be going.

So how do I do this?
I should also mention /home already has a bunch of active site files in it.

24x7server

Apr 17, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

You need to mount your 200GB drive on /home2 and then change your default home directory path through "Basic cPanel & WHM Setup" so that when you create a new account on your cPanel, that account will be created on your /home2 partition.

Reactions: Mister9

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I am happy to see the earlier post offered a viable solution that works for you. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.