Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding new domain with WHM/Creating new cPanel account

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Walidos, May 15, 2017.

1. Walidos

Walidos Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    So, as the title says, I'm trying to create a new cPanel user from my WHM server using the root user.
    So after I successfully create the cPanel user (domain, username, the package, FTP, Emails, etc features) I was surprised that the user's new domain created with the cPanel is not working, please note that when I access the temp link (0.0.0.0/~user) I can see the folder indexing, also when I type (whmhostname.com/~user) it also works too, but I cannot access the new domain that I created because it's offline, I know that you may need to point your DNS records and hostname.com ns1.hostname.com ns2.hostname.com to your domain, but is the any tutorial on how to do all of this? From creating the new cPanel user to the DNS pointing etc...
    Thanks in advance!

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

There are 2 things you should know about:
    1. Domain Registrar.
    2. Hosting provider.

Domain registrar is one from where you purchase your domain. This is the main place where you have to update the nameservers. The nameserver your hosting provider gave or the one that you have on your server..

Hosting provider is the one who hosts your website. Your server is where you are hosting the website..

1. Register a domain.
    2. Create a cPanel account.
    3. Use the cPanel server nameservers to point your website from domain registrar end.

3. Walidos

Walidos Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello, thank you for your reply, so, this means I have to buy a domain from a domain registrar, and then I update it's name server and DNS?

4. cPanelChrisI

cPanelChrisI Technical Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello!

That's correct. You will need to first ensure that the nameservers have been set up in WHM. This page talks a little more about how to do that.

How to Set Up Nameservers in a cPanel Environment - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Then, you will need to ensure that the nameservers are registered as well. After that, you can get your domain name registered at a domain registrar and add the nameservers to the domain to allow it to resolve correctly.

Thanks!

5. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator