The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding new IP addresses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stevebxl, Aug 23, 2013.

1. stevebxl

stevebxl Registered

I have over 100 sites with the same IP address. I'd like to add additional addresses for future web sites and also be able to transfer some of the sites to a new IP address so they're not ALL the same. I read that it's a good idea to mix it up a little rather than having the same address. True?

So my question is this:
    If I add some more IP's (same nameserver) and I change them for existing web sites - will they still work? Or will I have to change something on each control panel?? I can't have any of them down for a long period.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Basically I think you are trying to use few more IPs as shared IP address on same server, so I know there is a way for it and that is you can simply create a reseller account under your WHM and assign a IP for that reseller account and move you needed cPanel accounts under that reseller so that all of the moved sites will start using the new shared IP address which has been assigned for reseller.