The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding on domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by h0nk, Dec 27, 2004.

1. h0nk

h0nk Registered

Hi everyone,

Ive asked this question to my webhost (at least 5 or 6 times), they think they've fixed the problem, but it still doesn't seem to work, I've gave up on their tech support. But I'm thinking maybe it's not their fault.

I got a plan which says it "Includes Hosting for 4 domains", so that means I should be able to host 4 different websites. But when I try using the "Addon Domains" function in cPanel it just parks the domain on the main one. I thought maybe it wasn't actually parking it, and that it was just pointing to the same directory as the main domain, but when I go to the main cPanel page, it says Parked Domains: 1, Addon Domains: 0...

Am I doing something wrong at all? Or is this actually because the webhost hasn't set it up correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Hrm.. haven't seen this before, but, lets run down a few things first.

Do you have any sub domains available ? 1 sub domain is required for each addon domain. If none are available ask your host.

Have you tried removing the parked domain ( checking for any errors ), then adding it again ? What cPanel theme do they have you on ? On your main cPanel page, does it show something like Addon Domains 0 / 4 ( does it show you how many addon domains are available ) ?

3. h0nk

h0nk Registered

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. To answer you questions:

Subdomains 1 / 100
    Parked Domains 1 / 5
    Addon Domains 0 / 4

So it is showing up as a parked domain, and a subdomain. I tried removing the parked domain, and adding it again. No errors came up.

The theme is:
    Theme cPanel X v2.5.0

4. puzz1ed1

puzz1ed1 Active Member

if you want the additional domain to be a different site, then you need to create it as an "add-on domain" rather than a parked domain.

Parked domains map directly to the main domain, whereas add-on domains map to whatever subdirectory of the main domain you choose.

HTH

Steve

5. h0nk

h0nk Registered

Yeh, I have been using the "addon domain" function. But this wasn't adding the domain. It was parking it instead. It's ok now though, the host has reinstalled cpanel and it seems to be working now. Thanks to all who replied.

Alex