Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Adding private nameservers for a reseller customer

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by aykfounder, Nov 27, 2004.

1. aykfounder

aykfounder Well-Known Member

Hello, I am trying to add private nameservers to a customer whom I just upgraded to a reseller status.

I found a post on this site, here it is:

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=30161&highlight=add+custom+nameserver

I followed it exactly. However, when I try to add an A record for the domain it gives me the following error:

Cannot determine ip for ns2.domain.com (same thing happens with the first one) I'm not sure what to do here. I checked the Edit DNS Zone and everythign seems right, I added ns1 and ns2 in, with 14400 IN A 1.1.1.1 IP but it still does not work. I tried to change them in their registrar panel but it says that it cannot register the nameservers.

I've done this before and it worked, but it was some time and I am dumbfounded. I"m sure it is something easy and simple that I just overlooked. If anyone can help me out, I'd be greatful.

Thank you,
    Artyom

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. djmerlyn

djmerlyn Well-Known Member

You'll need to have the domain owner update there nameservers with the IP's you give them.

Let the nameservers propagate, then add the "A" record :D

3. aykfounder

aykfounder Well-Known Member

I was thinking of that as well.

I'll try that. Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...