The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding private nameservers for a reseller customer

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by aykfounder, Nov 27, 2004.

1. aykfounder

aykfounder Well-Known Member

Hello, I am trying to add private nameservers to a customer whom I just upgraded to a reseller status.

I found a post on this site, here it is:

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=30161&highlight=add+custom+nameserver

I followed it exactly. However, when I try to add an A record for the domain it gives me the following error:

Cannot determine ip for ns2.domain.com (same thing happens with the first one) I'm not sure what to do here. I checked the Edit DNS Zone and everythign seems right, I added ns1 and ns2 in, with 14400 IN A 1.1.1.1 IP but it still does not work. I tried to change them in their registrar panel but it says that it cannot register the nameservers.

I've done this before and it worked, but it was some time and I am dumbfounded. I"m sure it is something easy and simple that I just overlooked. If anyone can help me out, I'd be greatful.

Thank you,
    Artyom

2. djmerlyn

djmerlyn Well-Known Member

You'll need to have the domain owner update there nameservers with the IP's you give them.

Let the nameservers propagate, then add the "A" record :D

3. aykfounder

aykfounder Well-Known Member

I was thinking of that as well.

I'll try that. Thanks