Adding private nameservers for client. Need help quick!

Sep 1, 2005
Hey everyone,

So I want to set up private nameservers for someone who purchased a reseller account. I went to Networking Setup >> Nameserver IPs and created the them and they assigned the IP and added the A entry. But when the client goes to point their domain to those nameservers, it doesn't work. The domain registrar won't let them. It says its not valid. If anyone knows what to do please let me know.

Thanks,
Nick

Sep 1, 2005
gorilla said:
Hi urbanhostonline,

You still have to go to Main >> Resellers >> Reseller Center>> Edit Privileges/Nameservers
and put the name servers in for the reseller at the bottom of the page plus assign A records there too

Yes, that was also done.

Zaf

Aug 22, 2005
At the domain registrar, you will need to create 'Child Name Server' record for the domain of the reseller and then you can point domain names to the name servers.

tjfulopp

Sep 22, 2005
Slovakia / Belgium
Shahzada said:
At the domain registrar, you will need to create 'Child Name Server' record for the domain of the reseller and then you can point domain names to the name servers.
Same problem. But I do not see any such option at my registrar, which is godaddy!

mohit

Jul 12, 2005
Sticky On Internet
Re: Godady Has it

hi,
go daddy has that option i'll PM you a tutorial of it.

see ya.
mohit

Zaf

Aug 22, 2005
"Go Daddy" Never said that...never used that. :D

So really not sure where that option would be in your control panel. hope you can get enough info from the tutorial which I hope must have reached you by now. If not, feel free to PM me, maybe I can try find an alternative option for you.

mohit

Jul 12, 2005
Sticky On Internet
this might help you all

Select 'Manage Domains' from the 'Domain Names' menu at the top of the page.
Click on the domain you wish to configure nameservers for.
Click the '+' next to 'Domain Host Summary' from the menu that appears on the right.
Click on the link named 'Click here to see details or to modify'.
Enter the first name server with it's IP address.
Click 'Save Changes'.

You can click 'Add New Host' to register more than one server. When complete, please allow a full 48 hours for the server names' registration. These changes to the settings on your domain take a full 48 hours to become effective across the internet because of the number of networks involved, and because these networks are controlled by several different agencies. This delay applies to all domains with any Registrar, not just Go Daddy.

aykfounder

Feb 22, 2004
Hope you solved your problem. If not, let me know, I've done it before plenty of times and can guide you through it.

Good luck,
Tyoma