The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding public IP addresses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScottL4619, Feb 2, 2009.

1. ScottL4619

ScottL4619 Registered

Please excuse my lack of server knowledge on this question.

I currently have multiple website being hosted on our server. I use EveryDNS.net to manage my DNS needs. When I setup a new site, I just create a DNS record using EveryDNS.net and point it to our server public IP address. Our domains are registered through Godaddy and pointed to EveryDNS.net.

Now, what I want to do is be able to add an IP address to EveryDNS OTHER THAN our public IP. The reason I want to do this is that we are setting up various blogs and to increase our Google rating, I need to have them registered to different IP addresses.

I am totally clueless on this. I have the ability to setup multiple IP addresses using WHM, but have no idea what I would put into EveryDNS in place of the public IP I'm currently using to tell it to resolve to our server.

I've searched for a few hours, but have not found what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

2. Voltar

Voltar Well-Known Member

I think what you want to do is just assign a new/dedicated IP address to the account that you want in WHM, and then on EasyDNS you would just put the IP that you assigned to the account as the public IP.