The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding second domain to WHM account gone wrong!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akparade, Apr 20, 2012.

1. akparade

akparade Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey guys, I have good experience with a single domain WHM account but I'm trying to add a second domain (completely different website) to my WHM account but it's not working right!

My domain.com redirects to ip.address/~username and every page but the home page is a 404 error!

I've added the account in WHM and in my 123-reg account for my domain I've changed MX @ and WWW A records to my accounts IP address.

I already have a main domain on my VPS hosting that works and I checked all details are the same and they are.

Any details you need to possibly help me?

(domain: thelatestfashion.co.uk)
    (where it redirects to: /http://46.32.233.106/~thelates/)

Thanks!

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Please check the .htaccess file of your website and see if there is NO redirection code present.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Apache's mod_userdir is not always compatible with certain Mod_Rewrite rules or internal script redirects. Try modifying the hosts file on your computer to point the domain name to the IP address. This will allow you to view the domain name over the new IP address before changing the name servers. More information on the hosts file can be found at:

Hosts File

Thank you.