The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding subdomains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TopeU, Feb 10, 2006.

1. TopeU

TopeU Registered

I'm pretty new here and i have a question regarding cpanel. We are trying to get to the "add subdomain" on the cpanel but without getting the login prompt. We would like to create a page that sends users to that page but hides the username and password in the code. Is this possible?

I tried sending it as hidden inputs "user" and "pass" but that only seems to work going to /login/. Help?

2. TopeU

TopeU Registered

Anybody? Was i clear with my question? Is there a way to go to one of cpanels without getting the username/password popup? Can i pass that info. I can do it when going to the /login/ page but i need to go directly to the "add subdomain" page.

Please!!!!

3. rapidfire911

rapidfire911 Active Member

It is not possible to get it to how up without the login details for security purposes. Save the url after you go in subdomains and use that link every time. It will bypass the step of clicking on the subdomains icon.

Randy
    ChiHost.com technician

4. silvermanever

silvermanever Registered

well escuse me i got the impression at first that u didnot know how to add a sudomain or donot understand what subdomain is all about , but the second post is saying that u would like to add a sub domain without having to supply a username or a password !!!!!!!!!!!!????????????
    i think u need to make more explaination i maybe donot have much experienc ewith WHM but cpanel aint that diffecult so maybe u need to add more explaionation :rolleyes:

5. Kerstin

Kerstin Well-Known Member

I don`t understand how the question is meant.

You have right rapidfire911.
    I believe the step saving or adding subdomain is not important.
    What sohuld this have to do with bypassing username and password.

6. elliotcooper

elliotcooper Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

This idea is a bad one on so many levels. If you create a page that contains the passcodees in the form code then they are available to *anyone* who's bothered to look. This means that they can log into that cpanel account and do whatever they like.

If you do manage to set this up then you end up with a page that is open to the internet that will enable anyone who feels like it to add subdomains to your server. You will get some script kiddy adding 1,000,000 subdomains just because he can.

The point of password protecting access to cpanel functions is that the functions need to be restricted to the users of your machine.

Sorry that this is not an answer to your question but you should think hard about what you are trying to do before you implement something that will give you serious headaches.