Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Adding warning message to external emails originating outside the server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by aeroweb, Feb 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. aeroweb

aeroweb Well-Known Member

I have a dedicated cPanel server and would like to setup an external e-mail disclaimer transport rule or filter that will add a line of text in the body of every incoming email messages that is not originating from the local server. Has anyone had the opportunity to setup something like this? If so can you provide a link where I can find more information on this topic. I have tried searching for this topic and found ways to get it done on other mail servers but not with Exim.

I found this bit of information below but it seems to be for outgoing messages rather than incoming. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Code:
    remote_smtp_filter:
      driver = smtp
      transport_filter = /your/filter/command

dnslookup:
      driver = dnslookup
      domains = ! +local_domains
      transport = ${if eq {$sender_address_domain}{your.domain}\
                  {remote_smtp_filter}{remote_smtp}}
      ignore_target_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8
      no_more

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @aeroweb,

I don't have a specific example to offer for this type of custom configuration, but the Exim-User's mailing list is often a good resource when seeking out custom configuration examples:

Exim-users

Note that it's possible modifying a message's body violates RFC guidelines, so that's something you consider as well. If you require help from a third-party system administrator, we provide a list of companies offering system administration services on the link below:

System Administration Services | cPanel Forums

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...