The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding WHM Menu Options

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by abhijeets, Jun 30, 2011.

1. abhijeets

abhijeets Registered

I need to be able to add additional Menu options in the WHM Menu. I have made modifications(added header and item) to /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/x/command2. However the changes are not reflecting on the WHM.

/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/x/command mentions that the file is auto-generated and all changes should be made to command2. How are changes made to 'command2' updated in 'command'? Does it require any upgrade or restart?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    By additional menu items, do you mean plugins you are adding to WHM? Please clarify. We do not have branding for WHM at this point, but Plugins can be added there.

3. abhijeets

abhijeets Registered

I was adding something like the following in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/x/command2 :

header:My Header:my_icon.gif:ACL=all
    item:Link1: path_to_file1::ACL=all
    item:Link2: path_to_file2::ACL=all
    item:Link3: path_to_file3::ACL=all

When I executed 'rebuildhtml', the menu links did appear in the WHM left pane. However they disappear periodically(my guess is because of cpanelsync) and I have to add them to command2 again and rebuild.

I know I can make these files into WHM plugins and they automatically appear under Plugins tab in WHM. I ideally wanted to have my own custom tab under which I could add my own menu items.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    WHM > Themes > Universal Theme Manager, Clone, might be a better way to go here. You can edit that cloned theme which, AFAIK, will not be updated on cPupdates, leaving your changes intact.