The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Additional domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Avrohom, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Avrohom

Avrohom Registered

I need help how to add additional websites (domains) to my first website (domain) at my host. Can I purchase domains on one host and then transfer them to my host? How do I make the transfer? :cool:

It seems to me I should use cPanel - Addon domains. But this seems to me to make a subdomain. I want the two websites to be totally independent with two independent addresses.:rolleyes:

Thank you,
    Avrohom
    :p

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Have you asked your host about this?

3. Avrohom

Avrohom Registered

My hosts response:

I asked my host, and this was their reply:

Use the WHM control panel to create new accounts and have individual and independent cPanel accounts for each website.

I tried this, but the form I received asked me to choose a package with a drop down list (but nothing in the drop down list).

It seems to me this would require me to pay more money for a new package.

The web host account I bought says it includes 5 C Class IP's. So I understand within my account I should be able to have multiple domains.

Any suggestions?

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes sure, same thing they told you. They seem to have failed to mention to you though, that you create your own packages, also from within WHM.

Open WHM, type package in the top left search, find the packages section in results, and click the Add Packages. Give it a name, set your params as you see fit. Make sure it's using the X3 theme you see on the theme drop down list and set your language.

Click Add.

Now go to Account Functions (or type in Create) in the search) and click Create new account in the results. Here you'll create your accounts. Type in your params as you like and click Create.

That's a brief explaination of course. Since I have no clue what type of "Package" or "Hosting Plan" you have with your host, or if you're root of the entire server, not much more can be guessed. If you are root, and you want to setup your hosting business, you might want to drop by http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ lots of advice there for this sort of thing.

The cPanel forums are not for end users who just got an account from some host. This forum is for that host. If yours is not being helpful, you might want to find one that is.

Best of luck to you.

5. Avrohom

Avrohom Registered

Thank you

Thank you for your helpful information.

I think you have given me some good direction and ideas.

Avrohom:)