Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Additional php ini files not loading for one account

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by verdon, Sep 6, 2018.

1. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've run into something I've never seen before. I have two builds of php on this server, a 7.0 version and a 5.6.x version. The 7.0 is the default. The 5.6 is to support a couple legacy apps, for a few more months. This mostly works well.

One account, that has never used php before is attempting to install a CMS. They are getting message that mySQL is not available. This is happening regardless of which php version gets used.

When comparing a phpinfo file, I can see that for some reason, this account (and as far as I know this account only) is not loading any of the additional ini files. When comparing a phpinfo file in two accounts using the exact same php build and no customizations or custom php.ini files, I see this

GOOD
    Code:
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path       /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc
    Loaded Configuration File                 /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.ini
    Scan this dir for additional .ini files    /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d:.
    Additional .ini files parsed                /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/bcmath.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/calendar.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/ctype.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/curl.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/dom.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/ftp.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/gd.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/iconv.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/imap.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/json.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/mbstring.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/mcrypt.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/mysqlnd.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/mysqlnd_mysql.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/mysqlnd_mysqli.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/pdo.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/pdo_mysqlnd.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/pdo_sqlite.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/phar.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/posix.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/simplexml.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/sockets.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/sqlite3.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/tokenizer.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/xml.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/xml_wddx.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/xmlreader.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/xmlwriter.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/xsl.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/zip.ini, /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.d/zzzzzzz-pecl.ini
    BAD
    Code:
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path       /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc
    Loaded Configuration File                 /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/php.ini
    Scan this dir for additional .ini files    (none)
    Additional .ini files parsed                 (none)
    Any idea where I can start to look? I can't imagine how/why these would be different.

2. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Found and resolved this, with a tip from this post - MySQL extension missing

In a nutshell, there was a 'suPHP_ConfigPath ' declaration in the account's .htaccess file. There was no custom php.ini file there, but just having this entry in the .htaccess file apparently causes all the default additional .ini files to not load.

3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @verdon

I'm glad to see you were able to find a resolution to your issue. Thank you for linking what helped you resolve it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...