The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon Bandwidth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abcc, Jan 26, 2006.

1. abcc

abcc Member

Hi all,

I know there are some functions for basic account maintenance (suspend etc), however, how can I add additional bandwidth to an account? Is there any specific file, or database used for logging bandwidth in CPanel?

Regards,

Andy

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Account settings are stored in /var/cpanel/users/

There's a value in each account's file called BWLIMIT which determines, in bytes, the bandwidth limit. Modifying this would probably do the trick, and could be done in PHP through the remote access functionality.

3. abcc

abcc Member

Hi webignition,

Cheers for that!

Ok, next part - how can I add data to the POP3 / SMTP / HTTP etc fields for the actual usage statistics?

Regards,

Andy

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean by that - could you clarify?

5. abcc

abcc Member

Ok, CPanel (somewhere) parsed logs detailing the amount of e-mail (POP3, SMTP, IMAP), web traffic (HTTP) which is used for bandwidth graphing etc.

What I'd like to do is find a way to add additional bandwidth logging data to the POP3, SMTP, IMAP 'counters' to be included in the next update to the bandwidth graphing. The information is coming from three seperate (custom) services running on seperate servers.
    As the services are custom, I can modify how the data is passed to CPanel.

So ... any ideas?

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

On the latest versions of cPanel, bandwidth collection is handled by /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbandwd

However, I'm not aware of any way to add your own bandwidth measurements to the stats tool that's collates that data.

7. abcc

abcc Member

Hi Chirpy,

Just had a look at the file (appears to be in perl) - thanks for the pointer.
    It appears to write out a series of intermediate files, however, can't see where it stores the data 'for the long run'.

However, I have found a number of data files at /var/cpanel/bandwidth, which is in text format. Appears to break each protocol down per day, per site. Will have to experiment with adding to these values and see if they are processed into the logs.

Regards,

Andy

8. IPSecureNetwork

IPSecureNetwork Well-Known Member

graphs statics

cpanel use rrdtool to creat the bandwhit charts... just use the rrdtool or modificate the instance in the database to add or remove o create e new chart whit this utilitie.

Good luck!