The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon domain, and parked domain issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryce, Jun 14, 2007.

1. bryce

bryce Member

Okay, im trying to add a domain and im getting this

Bind reloading on mercury using rndc zone: [habboslounge.ca] The subdomain, forum.habboslounge.ca has been added.

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 208.71.170.190,208.71.170.190 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ip.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Removed Entry from httpd.conf The subdomain, forum.habboslounge.ca has been removed.

habboforum.ca could not be setup. The subdomain forum.habboslounge.ca was not setup either.

The domain is set correctly because i can create an account for it and i can manually park it in whm but not add it to the account.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. rgpayne

rgpayne Well-Known Member

in whm under tweak find
    Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers (ie domain transfers) [This can be a major security problem. If you must have it enabled, be sure to not allow users to park common internet domains.]
    and make sure it is checked

3. vasko

vasko Member

Just to add - this usually happens when the server is not able to determine the IP addresses to which the DNS point. It happens not only with .ca , but with other country domains as well.

4. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I'm sorry to respond to a thread that is 6 months old but I recently switched the resolvers on a couple of our servers to use OpenDNS, because the resolvers in our DC are quite slow. Since doing that I have found customers on those servers get this same error every time they park / addon.

cpanel picks up the IP addresses of the nameservers correctly and these are the nameservers specified in the basic whm setup - yet it tells the user that they are not the right ones - when they are. If the server couldnt find the nameserver's IP addresses it wouldnt be able to display them.

So what is actually happening here ?

Is it that the server cant resolve the IP's to a hostname ? No - because If I do an nslookup from that server to the ip, it correctly specifies the hostname which is the nameserver specified in the whm config.

So the problem has to be something else - it must be a bug surely ?

5. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please open a ticket at https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/ Mark it 'ATTN: QA' in the subject. If that is not possible, for whatever reason, please let me know.

6. betoranaldi

betoranaldi Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing this same exact problem. Has someone come up with a solution?

7. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please open a ticket at https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/ Mark it 'ATTN: QA' in the subject. If that is not possible, for whatever reason, please let me know.

8. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Same problem here. It is because OPENDNS actually returns an IP for domains that the IP lookup fails. So, CPanel thinks the domain is already pointing to an IP, when infact it is just the opendns generic fail IP.

9. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for that information.

10. skatebored

skatebored Member

addon/parked not working

is there any solution bout this situation¿:confused: