The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AddOn domain: Bind reloading on secure using rndc zone: [A warning occurred while processing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Benjamin D., Jan 28, 2016.

1. Benjamin D.

Benjamin D. Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi. First of all, I'd like to know why upon loging on here, I found my password no longer worked and upon trying to reset it, I was kindly greeted with this error: "The email address you entered has been banned by the administrator. Please try another." What did I ever do to cPanel to get banned? This is the second time in years I login to get help with a cPanel issue and to my knowledge, I haven't done anything harsh to anybody yet.

OK so the real issue is I have upgraded cPanel as per instructed by the recent email about major security patches and so now I'm on the latest stable release. Now I can't add any AddOn domains anymore. After 30 seconds, it always outputs this cPanel error: Bind reloading on secure using rndc zone: [xxxxxxxx.com] [A warning occurred while processing this directive.] [A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive.]

When I go to the WHM DNS editor, I see the AddOn domain IP binded but the cPanel itself does not have the AddOn domain listed in AddOn domains list, so it partially fails, it seems.

I have already verified that the TWEAK SETTINGS are set like this:
    ON - Allow users to park subdomains of the server’s hostname
    ON - Allow Remote Domains
    ON - Allow unregistered domains

Anybody knows what else to check in order to be able to create AddOn domains again?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I checked this account you're signed in with, that email is not banned. If you've got another account with an issue, let me know the username and we'll get you fixed up. Otherwise, I assume during your registration today you may have used a free email service that is blocked, and you got that message. It's not your specific email that got blocked, its the free email service used thats blocked. @hotmail.com for example is blocked and can no longer be used. Too many spam registrations.

About your issue, you're seeing this error in your cPanel not WHM correct? If yes, are you using Paper Lantern? What version of cPanel is your server running?

3. Benjamin D.

Benjamin D. Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, thanks for replying. No, of course, this current account I'm posting with is not the banned account, I couldn't login with the banned account! But yes it was with a free email service (Hotmail)... and that email address never sent spam in the last 14 years tough so I'm unsure why somebody would have banned me specifically. I'm still using it every day for hundreds of emails and never had any problem with it! It never got hacked. But I do understand cPanel might have chosen to ban every single Hotmail account for simplicity...

ANYHOW, back to the main issue: The issue happens with cPanel after it has been upgraded to 11.52.2 (build 5) a couple days ago regarding an email that was sent to me that it was urgent to upgrade to fix major security holes in previous cPanel versions, so I did that. It's not paper lantern I think. it's X3, but I do see the paper lantern theme in the dropdown at the top, would you like me to try it with that theme? What difference would a theme make tough or am I not understanding what that actually is?

Thx for caring.

EDIT: I just tried with Paper Latern and it does the exact same thing, after 30 seconds, it outputs the same error: Bind reloading on secure using rndc zone: [xxxxxx.com] [A warning occurred while processing this directive.] [A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive.]

** EDIT 2: I forgot to come back to post earlier today but I tried to TAIL the cPanel error_log and this is what was in it following the AddOn domain error:

Code:
    root@secure [/home/xxxx/public_html]# tail -n50 /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log
      Cpanel::BandwidthDB::get_writer("xxxx") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Sub.pm line 226
      Cpanel::Sub::addsubdomain(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, 0, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, 1, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ...) called at bin/admin/Cpanel/domain.pl line 217

DBD::SQLite::db do failed: too many SQL variables
    at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 151.
      Cpanel::Exception::new("Cpanel::Exception::Database::Error", Cpanel::ExceptionMessage::Raw=SCALAR(0x6307810), HASH(0x18d76960)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 57
      Cpanel::Exception::create("Database::Error", Cpanel::ExceptionMessage::Raw=SCALAR(0x6307810), HASH(0x18d76960)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 72
      Cpanel::Exception::create_raw("Database::Error", "DBD::SQLite::db do failed: too many SQL variables", HASH(0x18d76960)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 105
      Cpanel::DBI::_create_exception(Cpanel::DBI::SQLite::db=HASH(0x6309670), "DBD::SQLite::db do failed: too many SQL variables", undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DBI.pm line 93
      Cpanel::DBI::_error_handler("DBD::SQLite::db do failed: too many SQL variables", Cpanel::DBI::SQLite::db=HASH(0x6309670), undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB/Write.pm line 741
      Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Write::write_metadata(Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Upgrade::_Object=HASH(0x627b3b8), "yogameditationbienetre.xxxx.com_hourly_http_interpolated_at", 1454005028, "a23.xxxx.com_hourly_http_interpolation_end_iso8601", "2015-05-02T04:00:00Z", "UNKNOWN_hourly_ftp_interpolation_start", 1390194000, "admin.camping-donald.ca_hourly_http_interpolation_end", 1430539200, ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB/ImportRRD.pm line 208
      Cpanel::BandwidthDB::ImportRRD::import_rrd_hourly_data(Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Upgrade::_Object=HASH(0x627b3b8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB/Upgrade.pm line 97
      Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Upgrade::_Object::_migrate_for_v2(Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Upgrade::_Object=HASH(0x627b3b8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB/Upgrade.pm line 74
      Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Upgrade::_Object::do_upgrades(Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Upgrade::_Object=HASH(0x627b3b8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB/Upgrade.pm line 39
      Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Upgrade::upgrade_schema("xxxx") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB.pm line 203
      Cpanel::BandwidthDB::__ANON__(Cpanel::Exception::Database::SchemaOutdated=HASH(0x6307960)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 103
      Try::Tiny::try(CODE(0x627b2e0), Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x5fc8f68)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB.pm line 206
      Cpanel::BandwidthDB::_try_to_create_instance_with_schema_update("Cpanel::BandwidthDB::Write", "xxxx") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB.pm line 165
      Cpanel::BandwidthDB::_instantiate_for_root(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/BandwidthDB.pm line 95
      Cpanel::BandwidthDB::get_writer("xxxx") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Sub.pm line 226
      Cpanel::Sub::addsubdomain(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, 0, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, 1, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ...) called at bin/admin/Cpanel/domain.pl line 217
    [2016-01-28 13:18:11 -0500] warn [cpanel] Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request The adminbin “domain” in the “Cpanel” namespace call to function “ADD” ended prematurely: The subprocess reported error number 255 when it ended.: namespace=[Cpanel] module=[domain] function=[ADD]: set error in context subdomain: raw_response=[{"statusmsg":"The adminbin “domain” in the “Cpanel” namespace call to function “ADD” ended prematurely: The subprocess reported error number 255 when it ended.","mode":"simple","status":1,"version":"2.4","data":"Bind reloading on secure using rndc zone: [xxxx.com]\n[A warning occurred while processing this directive.]\n[A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive.]\n","exit_code":65280,"timeout":0,"error":1,"action":"run"}] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 116, <$socket> line 1.
      Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request("namespace", "Cpanel", "module", "domain", "function", "ADD", "data", "xxxxxxxx xxxx.com 1 /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx.com", "action", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdminBin.pm line 105
      Cpanel::AdminBin::adminrun("domain", "ADD", "xxxxxxxx", "xxxx.com", 1, "/home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx.com") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SubDomain.pm line 314
      Cpanel::SubDomain::_addsubdomain("xxxxxxxx", "xxxx.com", 1, undef, "public_html/xxxxxxxx.com") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AddonDomain.pm line 83
      Cpanel::AddonDomain::api2_addaddondomain(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 118
      eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 118
      Cpanel::Api2::Exec::api2_exec("AddonDomain", "addaddondomain", HASH(0x6163218), HASH(0x3fdf708)) called at cpanel.pl line 1096
      main::real_cpexectag("<?cp AddonDomain::addaddondomain('% %',result,reason) newdoma"...) called at cpanel.pl line 4107
      main::dotag_finished_headers(0) called at cpanel.pl line 3963
      main::cpanel_parseblock("<cpanel setvar=\"headerimg=../images/topsubdomains.gif\">\x{a}<cpan"...) called at cpanel.pl line 3878
      main::y(GLOB(0x57dddd8)) called at cpanel.pl line 5219
      main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel.pl line 888
    [2016-01-28 13:18:11 -0500] warn [cpanel] Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request error: namespace=[Cpanel] module=[domain] function=[ADD]: set error in context subdomain: statusmsg=[The adminbin “domain” in the “Cpanel” namespace call to function “ADD” ended prematurely: The subprocess reported error number 255 when it ended.] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 126, <$socket> line 1.
      Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request("namespace", "Cpanel", "module", "domain", "function", "ADD", "data", "xxxxxxxx xxxx.com 1 /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx.com", "action", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdminBin.pm line 105
      Cpanel::AdminBin::adminrun("domain", "ADD", "xxxxxxxx", "xxxx.com", 1, "/home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx.com") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SubDomain.pm line 314
      Cpanel::SubDomain::_addsubdomain("xxxxxxxx", "xxxx.com", 1, undef, "public_html/xxxxxxxx.com") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AddonDomain.pm line 83
      Cpanel::AddonDomain::api2_addaddondomain(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 118
      eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 118
      Cpanel::Api2::Exec::api2_exec("AddonDomain", "addaddondomain", HASH(0x6163218), HASH(0x3fdf708)) called at cpanel.pl line 1096
      main::real_cpexectag("<?cp AddonDomain::addaddondomain('% %',result,reason) newdoma"...) called at cpanel.pl line 4107
      main::dotag_finished_headers(0) called at cpanel.pl line 3963
      main::cpanel_parseblock("<cpanel setvar=\"headerimg=../images/topsubdomains.gif\">\x{a}<cpan"...) called at cpanel.pl line 3878
      main::y(GLOB(0x57dddd8)) called at cpanel.pl line 5219
      main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel.pl line 888
    [2016-01-28 13:18:11 -0500] warn [AddonDomain::addaddondomain] Encountered error in AddonDomain::addaddondomain: Bind reloading on secure using rndc zone: [xxxx.com]
    [A warning occurred while processing this directive.]
    [A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive.]

NOTE: I also tried to reboot the whole machine earlier today and it didn't change anything. I'm sure it was unnecessary, but I thought I'd give that a try. Didn't change anything.

#3 Benjamin D., Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
  4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Please feel free to open a ticket directly to cPanel Technical Support about this.

5. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Any resolution to this? I seem to be experiencing the same problem with an account that has an excessive amount of subdomains.

6. Benjamin D.

Benjamin D. Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's only been 2 months and I honestly can't even remember how the issue got fixed in the end. cPanel staff connected to my machine to fix it, but I can't recall what they did precisely.

7. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yea, was hoping cPanel would chime in with what they did to fix it. Or at least lead me in a direction to solve it. I generally prefer fixing things myself, that way I can keep notes on how it was fixed in case it comes up again.

8. Benjamin D.

Benjamin D. Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Exactly. Good luck.

9. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

To update, the issue appears to have been related to corrupt bandwidth data. The issue was addressed for this particular user by moving that bandwidth data out of the way with the following commands:

Code:
    mkdir /root/bandwidth-backup-data
    mv /root/.bwusage.sqlite /root/bandwidth-backup-data/
    mv /var/cpanel/bandwidth/*username* /root/bandwidth-backup-data/
    Thank you.

10. Benjamin D.

Benjamin D. Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Oh yeah now I remember, I deleted the bandwidth files and the issue went away. True.